A notice is a form of communication that's used for less urgent site updates when compared to alerts. These are usually published in advance of an event or maintenance etc.
How to create a notice
Follow these steps when creating a new notice:
1. Navigate to Communicate > Publish > Notices
2. Click Create Notice.
This button can be found in the top right above the notice table
3. Select a template.
You can create a reusable template by going to Communicate > Templates > Edit Templates
4. Fill out the information
Input the heading and message for the notice. You're able to see a preview of the notice at the bottom of the page which will help with formatting your notice.
5. Choose the target audience
Here you can decide who gets sent the notice by either user types or user groups. For example, if the notice only affects a certain level or area of the building, you can choose to only send it to those residents.
At this stage, you can also choose to display the notice on your Digital Noticeboards, and if the notice is important, you can choose to have it permanently displayed for 5 days.
6. Choose your notifications
Notification Type can be chosen if you want users to receive the notice by other means, such as SMS, Push Notification and email. By default, your notice will just be displayed on the resident application if no notification is selected.
7. Schedule Notice
Select the date you want your notice to appear and disappear. You also need to select the time of day you want your users to receive the notice.
Further to this, you may choose to include an additional notification either before or during the notice is released.
8. Submit or Save
Once you're happy with the notice, you can either send it or save as a draft.
- Submit Notice will send the notice off to the selected users or schedule it to be sent at the specified time and date.
- Save Notice as Draft will save the notice, but not send or schedule it. You can view your drafts under the draft tab of the notices page in step one.
Viewing old notices
Using the tab at the top of the page, you can view notices that are no longer active.
- Archived notices have expired from their scheduled date and are no longer displayed on the resident application or digital noticeboards.
- Deleted notices have been manually deleted by an admin.